Peder Sather Grant
The Peder Sather Center for Advanced Study supports projects carried out by researchers at UC Berkeley in collaboration with researchers from nine Norwegian universities. The Center offers grants of between $10K and $25K. Funds are made available for one academic year.
Grants can support activities such as workshops, mini-conferences, virtual intellectual exchanges, the undertaking of exploratory and pilot studies, activities such as PhD student exchanges, longer-term stays for Principal Investigators, the collection and analysis of data, and other core research activities.
- Consult Proposal Application Guidelines for grant application instructions
- Complete the online 2018-2019 Peder Sather Grant Application Form administered by Grantmaker (begin by establishing your own unique account)
- On the application form, upload your Proposal Document. The Proposal Document should be a single pdf that includes: the research project narrative, a project timeline, and a CV for each Principal Investigator
- Upload an itemized budget as a pdf using the provided template
- Finally, upload the Attestation of Commitment Letter from the project’s PIs as a pdf
- All application materials must be submitted by March 15, 2018
Please note, the application shall include the following:
- An explanation of the promise of the proposed project (i.e. how the project will contribute to the advancement of scholarly knowledge and/or scientific inquiry).
- An explanation of why the project is feasible
- An explanation of the impact of the project