Research related to clinical procedures
Morbidity related to the removal of wisdom teeth in the lower jaw
The project is performed in collaboration with researchers and clinicians in the Department of oral surgery and oral medicine. All registrations are made through the University Health Network an online aid for secure handling, export, and storage of anonymized data.
The project consists of three sub-studies:
1. Prospective study of morbidity and social cost
2. Prospective study of the incidence of infections by wisdom mouth surgery
3. Prospective study of morbidity related to different operation regimes
Tore Bjørnland, project leader, professor
Janicke Liaaen Jensen, scientific advisor to UHN, professor
Pål Barkvoll, inventor of UHN, professor
Hauk Øyri, PhD student
Øyri H, Bjørnland T, Barkvoll P, Jensen JL. Mandibular third molar surgery in 396 patients at a Norwegian university clinic: Morbidity recorded after 1 week utilizing an e-infrastructure for clinical research. Acta Odontol Scand 2016, 74, 148-154. doi: 10.3109/00016357.2015.1092051. Epub 2015 Oct 7.
- Øyri H, Bjørnland T, Barkvoll P, Jensen JL . Simplified registration of surgical complications using a novel e-infrastructure. IADR; Boston, 2015.
- Øyri H, Jensen JL, Bjørnland T, Barkvoll P. Clinical research studies may be facilitated by University Health Network (UHN). 40th ADEE Annual Meeting; Riga, 2014.
- Øyri H, Bjørnland T, Jensen JL. University Health Network (UHN): An innovative E-infrastructure tool facilitating clinical research. ADEE Annual meeting; Birmingham, 2013.
Related publications related to clinical procedures
- Bach S J, Nazari E, Jensen JL, Bjørnland T (2016). Keratocystisk odontogen tumor. En retrospektiv kvalitativ undersøkelse av forekomst og residiv etter kirurgisk behandling. Nor Tannlegerforen Tidende
- Misje K, Bjørnland T, Jensen JL: Long-term implant outcome: 15 - 17 year follow-up of dental implants in the esthetic zone Int J Prosthodont 2013, 26, 365-369.