How to submit your thesis
Please follow the instrucions carefully so that the submission process does not take longer than neccessary. The thesis will not be regarded as submitted before all documents are received and approved by the Faculty
You must submit your thesis by e-mail to email@example.com
On the webpage below you can find out which documents to submit with your thesis.
Are you a supervisor?
Information for supervisors about academic supervision is found on a separate website.
Important time frames
- Recommendation: The evaluation committee has three months to submit a recommendation.
- Public defence: A public defence can normally take place at the earliest six weeks after the Faculty has found a thesis worthy of defence.
- Revision of a submitted thesis: The evaluation committee must present its final recommendation within two months after a candidate has handed in a revision of a submitted thesis.
Where to submit your thesis?
You can mail the thesis to firstname.lastname@example.org
How should the thesis be submitted?
You must submit the entire thesis as a single PDF-file, i.e.both the summary and the articles. The thesis should not be scanned.
Your application letter and attachments should be submitted as as separate files.
Documents to be enclosed when submitting your thesis
Your application for evaluation can only be be processed if you enclose the following:
1. Application letter for evaluation of the thesis. The application must contain the following information:
- full name and personal identification number
- your current degree
- correct title of the thesis
- a short description of the themes in the thesis
- contact information to the principal supervisor and co-supervisor(s)
- where the work was carried out, i.e. your workplace during the PhD period, where the material was procured, and where you conducted the laboratory work. Specify with names any collaborating institutions.
- your contact information for the next six months
2. Confirmation of approved educational component.
3. Co-author form. Declaration about the candidate's and each co-author's contribution to the individual works submitted for assessment. Each co-author form must be signed by both the candidate and the co-author(s). Remember to list the names of all co-authors on each co-author form, and ensure that the names mentioned and original signatures match. Make sure the signatures do not come on a separate sheet of paper.
4. Declaration of permits procured.Must be completed and signed by the candidate and all his/her supervisors. All permits must be enclosed with the Application. Information about applications to REC and other bodies.
5. Proposal for adjudication committee. The adjudication committee is proposed by the academic environment. The principal supervisor is responsible for submitting to the faculty the signed adjudication committee form and declarations of impartiality from each proposed committee member. This form must be signed by both the mail supervisor and the head of the institute. Any agreed upon date(s) for the trial lecture and disputation made by supervisor and adjudication committee are not binding to the faculty.
6. Declarations of impartiality. The principal supervisor is responsible for submitting a declaration of impartiality from each proposed committee member.
The requirements for the PhD thesis are outlined in the Regulation for the Ph.D.-degree.
Status of articles
You cannot change the status of the articles in your submitted PhD thesis when the thesis is going to be printed. For example, an article with the status "in press" cannot change status to "published" prior to printing.
Correction of formal errors in the thesis
You may apply for permission to correct formal errors in the thesis after submission. Errata is a list of corrections made in a thesis after it has been evaluated, but before it is printed.
Can a submitted thesis be withdrawn?
A submitted PhD work cannot be withdrawn before a final decision has been made as to whether it is worthy of defence.
Time for trial lecture and disputation
Time for the trial lecture and disputation is decided by the faculty after the faculty has found the thesis worthy of defence.
- Co-author form
- Declaration of permits procured
- Proposal for evaluation committee
- Declaration of impartiality