Dung Tien Nguyen
Nguyen D. Tien studied polymer materials and obtained his Doctor of Engineering degree in Chemistry from Kyoto Institute of Technology, Japan. He has gained intensive working experience as a postdoctoral fellow and a research scientist at several universities/national laboratories in Japan (NITECH), Canada (UMontreal), Switzerland (EMPA), and currently Norway (UiO). His research activity is directed towards the development of polymeric materials, particularly in nanofabrication and characterization studies, with broad applications in nanotechnology and nanomedicine. His current research interests focus on generating functional hybrid materials based on biopolymer nanofiber for various applications in tissue engineering, drug delivery, textiles, and antimicrobial packaging.
Recent research projects and professional skills:
• Biomimetic scaffolds based on chitosan nanofibers for skin repair
• Responsive nanofibers embedded lipid nanoparticles for drug delivery application
• X-ray scattering for polymeric materials (SAXS, WAXS, GISAXS, GIWAXS)
• Polymer characterization: AFM, SEM, POM, CLSM, DSC, GPC, H-NMR, FT-IR, UV-VIS, contact angle, etc.
- N.D. Tien, S. P. Lyngstadaas, J. F. Mano, J. J. Blaker, Håvard J. Haugen, Recent Developments in Chitosan-Based Micro/Nanofibers for Sustainable Food Packaging, Smart Textiles, Cosmeceuticals, and Biomedical Applications, Molecules 2021.
- N.D. Tien, A.K. Maurya, G. Fortunato, M. Rottmar, R. Zboray, R. Erni, A. Dommann, R.M. Rossi, A. Neels, A. Sadeghpour, Responsive Nanofibers with Embedded Hierarchical Lipid Self-Assemblies, Langmuir 2020.
- N.D. Tien, R.E. Prud'homme, Crystallization in Immiscible Polymer Blends, in: S. Thomas, E.B. Gowd (Eds.), Crystallization in Multiphase Polymer Systems, Elsevier 2019. (Chapter 7)
- N.D. Tien, S. Sakurai, Hierarchical structures in poly(lactic acid)/poly(ethylene glycol) blends, European Polymer Journal 89 (2017) 381-398. (Feature article)
- N.D. Tien, R.E. Prud'homme, Crystallization and morphology of ultrathin films of Poly(d-lactide) with BAB block copolymers in which the A block is made of Poly(l-lactide), Polymer 117, 2017, 25-29.
- N.D. Tien, Y. Nishikawa, M. Hashimoto, M. Tosaka, S. Sasaki, S. Sakurai, Three-dimensional analyses of spherulite morphology in poly(oxyethylene) and its blends with amorphous poly(d,l-lactic acid) using X-ray computerized tomography, Polymer Journal 47(1) (2015) 37-44. (Issue cover)
D. Tien, Nguyen; Geng, Tianxiang; Heyward, Catherine Anne; Reseland, Janne Elin; Lyngstadaas, Ståle Petter & Blaker, Jonathan James [Show all 7 contributors for this article] (2022). Solution blow spinning of highly deacetylated chitosan nanofiber scaffolds for dermal wound healing. Materials Science and Engineering C: Materials for Biological Applications. ISSN 0928-4931. doi: 10.1016/j.bioadv.2022.212871. Full text in Research Archive
D. Tien, Nguyen; Lyngstadaas, Ståle Petter; Mano, Joao F.; Blaker, Jonathan James & Haugen, Håvard Jostein (2021). Recent Developments in Chitosan-Based Micro/Nanofibers for Sustainable Food Packaging, Smart Textiles, Cosmeceuticals, and Biomedical Applications. Molecules. ISSN 1420-3049. 26(2683), p. 1–24. doi: 10.3390/molecules26092683. Full text in Research Archive