Dung Tien Nguyen
Tien D. Nguyen has a solid background in polymeric materials, particularly in characterization and application studies, relevant both in the area of biobased polymers, synthetic polymers, blends, and composites. His current research activities focus on the use of polymer nanofibers towards the development of innovative materials for many application areas including regenerative tissue engineering, biofunctional textile, and antimicrobial packaging.
Recent research projects and professional skills are as following:
• Biomimetic scaffolds based on chitosan nanofibers for skin repair
• Responsive nanofibers embedded lipid nanoparticles for drug delivery application
• X-ray scattering for polymeric materials (SAXS, WAXS, GISAXS, GIWAXS)
• Polymer characterization: AFM, SEM, POM, CLSM, DSC, GPC, H-NMR, FT-IR, UV-VIS, contact angle, etc.
- N.D. Tien, S. P. Lyngstadaas, J. F. Mano, J. J. Blaker, Håvard J. Haugen, Recent Developments in Chitosan-Based Micro/Nanofibers for Sustainable Food Packaging, Smart Textiles, Cosmeceuticals, and Biomedical Applications, Molecules 2021.
- N.D. Tien, A.K. Maurya, G. Fortunato, M. Rottmar, R. Zboray, R. Erni, A. Dommann, R.M. Rossi, A. Neels, A. Sadeghpour, Responsive Nanofibers with Embedded Hierarchical Lipid Self-Assemblies, Langmuir 2020.
- N.D. Tien, R.E. Prud'homme, Crystallization in Immiscible Polymer Blends, in: S. Thomas, E.B. Gowd (Eds.), Crystallization in Multiphase Polymer Systems, Elsevier 2019. (Chapter 7)
- N.D. Tien, S. Sakurai, Hierarchical structures in poly(lactic acid)/poly(ethylene glycol) blends, European Polymer Journal 89 (2017) 381-398. (Feature article)
- N.D. Tien, R.E. Prud'homme, Crystallization and morphology of ultrathin films of Poly(d-lactide) with BAB block copolymers in which the A block is made of Poly(l-lactide), Polymer 117, 2017, 25-29.
- N.D. Tien, Y. Nishikawa, M. Hashimoto, M. Tosaka, S. Sasaki, S. Sakurai, Three-dimensional analyses of spherulite morphology in poly(oxyethylene) and its blends with amorphous poly(d,l-lactic acid) using X-ray computerized tomography, Polymer Journal 47(1) (2015) 37-44. (Issue cover)