Special interest in clinical periodontology and the periodontal micobiology (see Bacteriology group at the Department of Oral Biology).
In the field of oral microbiology special interest in population genetics of the periodontal pathogen Porphyromonas gingivalis - see MLST website in collaboration
with dr. Keith Jolly, University of Oxford at:
- Clinical instructor in periodontology for master students and specialist candidates, clinical instructor in oral implantology for specialist candidates.
- Taking part in the teaching responsibilites of the Bacteriology group at the Department of Oral Biology; master students in medicine,
- nutrition and odontology (MEDSEM 3A); and basic and clinical microbiology for master students in odontology (ODSEM 6 og 7).
- See also Teaching at the Bacteriology group Department of Oral Biology.
Higher education and employment history
- DDS (cand. odont.), Faculty of Dentistry, 1979, University of Oslo.
- Specialist in periodontologyics periodonti, 1984, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Bergen.
- Private specialist- and common practice, 1984 - 2003.
- Research fellow, Bacteriology group, Department of Oral Biology, 2003 - 2008.
- Dissertation for the degree Ph.D., November 2008. Title of thesis: Population structure of the periodontal pathogen Porphyromonas gingivalis: Diversity in
- housekeeping genes and the major fimbrae gene".
- Clinical instructor, Department of Periodontology, master students and specialist candidates, 2008.
- Associate professor (vacancy), Department of Periodontology, Institute of Clinical Dentistry, 2009 - June 2010.
- Postdoctoral position, Department of Periodontology, from June 2010.
- Research prize 2006; Department of Oral Biology, awarded May 2007 (see Awards, Bacteriology group, Department of Oral Biology).
Secretary, Norwegian Association of Periodontists, 1989 - 2001
President, Norwegian Association of Periodontists, 2009 - 2010.
See Research in the Bacteriology group; Department of Oral Biology.