Digital possibilities in research - symposium for Karl Schenck
On the occasion of Professor Karl Schenck's retirement, the faculty will host the symposium "Digital possibilities in research".
Professor Karl Schenck
- 12:30-13:15 - Artificial intelligence and the health sector, Klas Pettersen (CEO NORA)
- 13:15-13:45 - Biomedical informatics, possibilities and development, Professor Eivind Hovig (Head of Centre of Bioinformatics, IFI, UiO)
- Pause 10 min
- 14:00-14:45 - Computational analysis of molecular network perturbations in complex diseases, Enrico Glaab (Principal Investigator of the Biomedical Data Science group, University of Luxemburg)
- Pause 15 min
- 15:00 - 16:30 - Professor Karl Schenck’s karriere, førsteamanuensis Inger Johanne Blix
About the speakers
- Klas Petersen is an CEO of NORA, The Norwegian Artificial Intelligence Research Consortium. He is an active researcher within the field of artificial intelligence, and has worked with management on different levels. His background spans from physics, mathematics and informatics to medicine.
- Eivind Hovig is Professor at Centre for Bioinformatics, UiO. He is a biologist and researcher in the fields of cancergenomics and bioinformatics, and is the group leader of Computational Cancer Genomics and Melanoma Systems Biology at Oslo University Hospital. He is also head of the bioinformatics and genotyping core facilities at the hospital.
- Enrico Glaab is Assistant professor at University of Luxembourg, and Principal Investigator of the Biomedical Data Science group (Glaab Lab). He is also Deputy Course Director for the Master in Integrated Systems Biology at the University. As a member of the Research Team in the National Centre of Excellence in Research on Parkinson’s Disease (NCER-PD) he works on the sub-projects Data & Analytics and Biomarkers & Mechanisms.
- Inger Johanne Blix is Associate Professor at Institute of Clinical Dentistry, UiO with a specialization in periodontics.
Published Sep. 26, 2019 3:04 PM - Last modified Sep. 26, 2019 3:05 PM